Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
"Admit" is the wrong word ... why not just "announces?"
— vb (when intr, foll by of ) , -mits , -mitting , -mitted
1. ( may take a clause as object ) to confess or acknowledge (a crime, mistake, etc)
2. ( may take a clause as object ) to concede (the truth or validity of something)
3. to allow to enter; let in
4. ( foll by to ) to allow participation (in) or the right to be part (of): to admit to the profession
5. ( intr ) to give access: the door admits onto the lawn
I know where you're going with this, but there's some validity to that word. First, definition 2 still works. And second, he could be confessing to lying about being straight.