View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #77
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
They clearly are high on the guy. Now it's time for him to prove their faith to be well founded. If he fails I'm sure Elway will modify how he views our scouts future CB evaluations, but if the guys who identified Chris Harris come to you and say "we love this guy, he'll start for us from year 2 to year 10 of his career" how do you not grab him?

Everybody see this blurb?

Quote:
08-17-12 South Florida cornberback Kayvon Webster has such high-regard for Champ Bailey's press coverage skills he will often proclaim “Champ has arrived at practice,” when he's asked to jam a receiver at the line. Renowned for his physical prowess and ability to press receivers, Webster is one of the most intense, aggressive corners in the Big East. It's one reason why Webster earned All-Big East second team honors last season. Despite the accolades Webster remains humble, but hungry. “I haven't done anything yet,” Webster said. To that end, Webster worked arduously with Dallas Cowboys and former USF cornerback Mike Jenkins throughout the summer. Jenkins provided helpful tips on reading a quarterback's drop steps, focusing on the direction of a quarterback's shoulders and anticipating a reciever's break. Webster said the pointers will help him close quicker on the ball. The 5-foot-11, 198 pound senior has been an integral part of the defense since arriving on campus in 2009. As a true freshman, Webster recorded 30 tackles and an interception in six starts. In 2011, Webster finished with two interceptions and seven pass break-ups. In Webster's first two seasons he had just two break-ups combined. Though Webster places team goals ahead of individual pursuits, he could become the conference's top NFL draft prospect at corner with a spectacular season. In order to get there, Jenkins, the former USF corner, has implored Webster to remain self-assured when playing on an island. “He told me just to believe in myself and play with confidence,” Webster said. - Matt Rybaltowski, CBSSports.com
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=CB
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote