View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Some good reads on other players drafted.

Quote:
3. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: I'm not a fan. In fact, I'm shocked the Steelers took Bell while Lacy was still on the board. Bell looks like a beast at 237 pounds, but sometimes runs like he thinks he's a little back. He just doesn't have the power and oomph you expect from a man his size. I had some Twitter followers take me to task for claiming that Bell reminds me of LeGarrette Blount, telling me that Bell led the nation in yards after contact last year. But as my colleague KC Joyner points out here, Bell had an opportunity to produce after contact so much because his line at Michigan State wasn't very good. Listen, Bell lands in a great spot to be a fantasy factor in '13. Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman flamed out as potential feature backs last year, plus Todd Haley wants to throw it short and Bell is an accomplished pass catcher, and the Steelers have always liked to run it when they're near an opponent's goal line. Still, I can't help feeling there's bust potential here. I like big backs who always run like big backs.
This pick made me sick when it happened. Do. Not. Like.
Hes just plain good.
Quote:
76. Keenan Allen, WR, San Diego Chargers: He's the Eddie Lacy of wideouts. I don't understand how he lasted this long, and I think we'll look back on this draft and be shocked that he was a third-rounder. Sure, he missed the final month of '12 with a knee injury that bugged him through the pre-draft process, but watch his tape and you see Mr. Smooth. He's got great hands. He runs perfect routes. He's tough to bring down. He's tough in traffic. ESPN's Bill Polian has said many times he thinks Allen is Reggie Wayne, a player Polian knows a thing or two about. Is Allen a little slower than maybe you'd like? It's possible. But if he's not Wayne, he's Anquan Boldin, which is still terrific. Now, the San Diego depth chart is a mess: Danario Alexander, Malcom Floyd, Robert Meachem and Vincent Brown are all around. Allen will need player movement to be draftable in '13. But boy, I like him.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote