Thread: Draft Grades
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #71
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos don't care anyways. If they can run him into the ground over the next 3 yrs, win a superbowl, then his legs fall off they would already have another back ready to go. They like him because he has the 900 carries. They figure they can see how he holds on to the ball and that he has the experience to step right in and carry the ball 15-20 times a game this yr.

Broncos are not worrying about 5-6 yrs down the road right now. To worry one back has a few hundred more college carries and might not last as long is a joke.
That was my feeling. I mean who cares if he only has a 6 year career if they are a great 6 years? I mean plenty of second rounbders are busts or make minimum contributions yet you are going to b**** because the 54th pick in the draft only gave you 6 great years?

With all of Ball's experiance he is a proven back, a clutch back and has come through in big situations. I see that QB draw up the middle producing big yards this year.

I woulod keep McGahee as the mentor. McGahee did average 4.4 YPC last year. Maybe Ball can teach him how NOT to fumble.

I see Moreno as the odd man out since he only has one year left on his contract and McGahee has 2. Plus McGahee is a better RB and a better leader.