Originally Posted by Action
Lets remember, Gerrell Robinson is on the roster...not sure he'd last another season on the PS considering AZ had him last year too...unless there is some silent agreement with him and the Broncos to stay on the PS for another year (unlikely). Robinson would be great insurance and leverage to resign Decker/Thomas if he's pans out.
Right now, there are 4 WRs that are absolutely making the team...Thomas, Decker, Welker, Holliday... but Holliday can be a flex player..so we can carry maybe 2...or a long stretch of possibly 3 more WRs.
Tavarres King will almost certainly make the team as well (4th rounders hardly ever get cut in their first training camp). That leaves us with:
1) Demaryius Thomas
2) Eric Decker
3) Wes Welker
4) Tavarres King
5) Trindon Holliday (who's really more of a special teamer than receiver)
The Broncos opened the 2012 season with 6 receivers on their roster (Thomas, Decker, Stokley, Caldwell, Willis, Holliday). They opened the 2011 season with 5 receivers on their roster (Thomas, Decker, Royal, Willis, Goodwin). So, the above 5 may be all that make the team, or we might have one more receiver from the list below:
6) Andre Caldwell (the chalk pick)
7) Greg Orton (out of practice squad eligibility, so it's now or never)
8) Gerrell Robinson - has practice squad eligibility
9) Quincy McDuffie - has practice squad eligibility
10) Lamar Thomas - has practice squad eligibility
11) Kemonte' Bateman - has practice squad eligibility