Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #107
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
That streak is going to stop soon because of how effective Elway has been at building our roster depth.

I don't see any openings on the OL, DL, at LB, QB, or CB.

So, that leaves RB, TE, WR, and Safety as possibilities.

Out of those, 5th WR looks to be the easiest route by far for an UDFA unless we resign Stokley. Lucas Reed has a shot at replacing Julius Thomas at TE if the team is tired of waiting on him to develop. CJ Anderson could replace Lance Ball and probably should. We might have room at Safety, depending on what we do with Kayvon Webster, and how we feel about Quinton Carter. We'll carry 10 DBs. Right now we already have 10 counting Webster and Carter.

So, I really see only three opportunities. 5th WR, Lucas Reed, and CJ Anderson.
Ah, for the hell of it . . . . .

Maybe OL. Depends on how Kuper comes back, and how much they like the current backup OG's on the roster. Looking at denverbroncos.com they have Justin Soren, CJ Davis, Manny Ramirez as the backup OG's, and moved Ben Garland to OG to compete. There may be some room for a UDFA to supplant one of them.

At safety, don't forget they kind of liked Duke Ihenacho last year. He barely gets mentioned anymore, good athlete, maybe he takes a leap this year and Adams and/or Q Carter gets released.

At TE, yeah, I bet there's an opportunity for Lucas Reed to take a backup spot.

5th WR, I wonder how Gerell Robinson and Greg Orton progress.

RB, there certainly is some room. Fannin and Jeremiah Johnson have to go, these guys are perennial bottom guys, they have to upgrade, right?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote