Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #49
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
What a bunch of BS.

I suggest you read Paul O'Neill's account of the Bush administration. It will force to open your eyes about Bush.

O'neill was Bush's first Treasury Secretary. He traveled to Africa and became enthusiastic about helping the Africans help themselves.

O'Neill crunched the numbers and found that for a pittance the US could install wells & pumps and provide clean water to every African village -- dramatically raising the living standard across the continent.

Bush sneered at the idea.

The lack of clean drinking water continues to be one of Africa's biggest problems. Thanks to Bush.

Check it out. Oh I forgot -- you don't read.

MHG

The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House, and the Education of Paul O'Neill

by Ron Suskind
That was a good book. I have it lying around here somewhere. It also details how the entire Bush administration, under the control of Cheney, operated on a policy of ideology over facts, at every turn ignoring and attacking any facts that contradicted their dogma. It also tells how Greenspan turned his back on everything he believed in and sold out in order to stay on the Bush gravy train.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote