View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #2899
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Maybe I misread the tweets yesterday, but it sounded to me like Denver wanted Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State or Le'Veon Bell at 58 and then Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn or Montee Ball....but I've looked around and can't find any other quotes about it, so maybe Mike Klis was speculating and not relaying information.

Here are the only snippets I found pertaining to it:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...os-having-ball

After the Broncos addressed their interior defensive line in the first round Thursday by drafting North Carolina tackle Sylvester Williams, they went into day No. 2 of the draft seeking a cornerback and a running back.

When cornerbacks Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor and running back Le'Veon Bell went off the draft board before the No. 58 pick in the second round, the Broncos had two workhorse tailbacks to choose from: Ball, whose Heisman Trophy chances last year dissipated because of an early season concussion, and Eddie Lacy, the 231-pound runner from national champion Alabama whose draft stock fell because of a toe problem.

Also saw this:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

CB Jamar Taylor or RB Le'Veon Bell had they been their at No. 58. But then it came down to CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson and RB Montee Ball.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Broncos also considered DE Damonte Moore in second. Ultimately went Ball because there was a drop-off of "big'' backs after Ball-Lacy
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote