Thread: Shaun Phillips
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #110
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
PFF can get some wierd evaluations. They can make the stats fit their arguments on the spot.
I love them. They break it down play by play and try and see who wins the 1-1 battles. Fact is the stats bear out this player is only good in passing situations and for the Chargers last yr they got passed on a ton, so he got a lot of chances to get after the QB. He can still get to the QB but IMO needs to be the 2nd/3rd option or the defense would easily just stick a RB over on his side and he never sniffs the qb.

But we have Miller, we can do some things with our fronts and i bet he can shake loose for 7-10 sacks on passing downs.

Or and this i don't know is how well he can cover. Maybe he is going to play SSL while Miller goes after the QB on 3rd downs from the DE spot.

In any event between Woodyard, Miller, Sly, Wolfe, Vickerson, Knightly, Ayers I feel Del Rio can plug and play some role players with them to have a pretty physical front 7 that can get after the QB. I do think we need another SSL/ILB because Brooking and Mays don't do much for me. But you cant plug every hole every yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote