View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #2767
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

28. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina: A Grade
It was either Sylvester Williams or Tank Carradine here for the Broncos, and you can't argue either choice. Help was needed all over on the defensive line for the Broncos, and Williams was discussed as highly as No. 18 to the Cowboys. Denver didn't have an interior pass rush, so Williams definitely helps in that area.

Follow @walterfootball for updates.

58. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin: C Grade
This is too early for Montee Ball. He's a Big Ten plodder with tons of wear and tear on his body already. He fills a need, but the Broncos should have waited until later to pick a running back if they were just willing to settle for Ball.

90. Kayvon Webster, CB, South Florida: D Grade
This is the reach of Day 2. Kayvon Webster was widely considered a sixth-round prospect at best. If the Broncos loved Webster enough, that's fine, but he doesn't fill any sort of immediate need. I can't support this pick.

146. Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky: B Grade
This is a bit later than I thought the Broncos would wait to find a potential replacement for Elvis Dumervil, but Quanterus Smith is a solid pick. He fits the range and fills a need.

161. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia: A- Grade
Tavarres King doesn't fill a need at all, but there's no denying his value near the bottom of the fifth round. Why not go with one of the top players available? King will definitely be useful if one of Peyton Manning's receivers goes down with an injury.

173. Vinston Painter, OT, Virginia Tech: A- Grade
The Broncos didn't really have a quality third tackle prior to the 2013 NFL Draft, so Vinston Painter makes sense. I had Painter pegged as a Round 4-5 prospect, so this is nice value.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote