Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
Bob McGinn from Milwaukee Journal.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/top-d...204028711.html

5. SYLVESTER WILLIAMS, North Carolina (6-2, 311, 5.01, 1-2) - Grew up in a tough section of St. Louis, then played his one and only year of high school ball in Jefferson City, Mo. Worked for a year before sustaining his career in junior college. Started all 25 games at weak-side DT for Tar Heels. "The most solid D-lineman that has no chance of busting, solid as a rock, is Sylvester Williams," one scout said. Goes by "Sly." Registered 96 tackles (20 for loss) and 8 sacks. "I wouldn't take him in the first round," another scout said. "He is a pretty solid player. I got him in the third (round). He might be a nose. He can be (stout). He was probably 330 last year but lost a bunch of weight because they changed schemes." Led D-tackles in Wonderlic score (25) and hand size (10). "I just don't think he's very good," a third scout said. "I'm shocked at all this (attention) he's getting. Absolutely shocked. He's non-instinctive. Just doesn't make any plays. Doesn't play strong. Hopefully, he will go ahead of us. His off-the-field is great. They love him. Works hard. Worked out good. All that."
wonder why there's no names with these comments? He's not instinctive, really? !
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote