gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
Bob McGinn from Milwaukee Journal.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/top-d...204028711.html

5. SYLVESTER WILLIAMS, North Carolina (6-2½, 311, 5.01, 1-2) - Grew up in a tough section of St. Louis, then played his one and only year of high school ball in Jefferson City, Mo. Worked for a year before sustaining his career in junior college. Started all 25 games at weak-side DT for Tar Heels. "The most solid D-lineman that has no chance of busting, solid as a rock, is Sylvester Williams," one scout said. Goes by "Sly." Registered 96 tackles (20½ for loss) and 8½ sacks. "I wouldn't take him in the first round," another scout said. "He is a pretty solid player. I got him in the third (round). He might be a nose. He can be (stout). He was probably 330 last year but lost a bunch of weight because they changed schemes." Led D-tackles in Wonderlic score (25) and hand size (10¾). "I just don't think he's very good," a third scout said. "I'm shocked at all this (attention) he's getting. Absolutely shocked. He's non-instinctive. Just doesn't make any plays. Doesn't play strong. Hopefully, he will go ahead of us. His off-the-field is great. They love him. Works hard. Worked out good. All that."
Doesn't make any plays? he has almost as many career sacks as Sheldon Richardson and Shariff Floyd put together, he had more tackles for loss last year than Floyd or Richardson. He has more sacks and tackles for less than Star Lotulelei and Jesse Williams. How many plays does he have to make? That statement set off my bull**** detector.

I agree he is not instinctive, he is a read and react guy but with his first move being so quick he is a natural fit for a front like ours.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote