Thread: tebow sucks
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #1802
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You're right in that if the staff made it clear in Jville that he was their guy, he would've gone there. I think he knew what a zoo it was going to be though, having a staff who wasn't onboard in a town that would be screaming for Tim from the first huddle.

OTOH, he should've seen that the Jets had just finished handcuffing themselves to a turd QB with maybe the worst NFL contract of the century.

Neither situation was all that great. But in hindsight he should've erred on the side of the one that guaranteed him some field time.
But that's what he did. NY supposedly had this grand plan in place to use Tebow in Wildcat packages. Jacksonville, to my knowledge, had no such plan in place. Of course, we see now that he was sold of bill of goods, but at the time it made perfect sense to go where the football people want you and are promising you playing time. I'm not sure he was anymore likely to start in Jacksonville than in NY given that the football folks did not want him on the team to begin with. I suppose the fans may have forced their hand eventually, but do you want to go to a team where your chances to start hinge entirely on public pressure rather than faith from the coaching staff? Ultimately, he didn't get that faith in NY either, but it's easy to see why he thought he would at the time.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote