s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default DP: Rahim Moore offseason fluff

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...get-head-start

Quote:
The night after the Broncos lost to the Ravens 38-35 in two overtimes, a defeat Moore took full blame for as he addressed the media that mobbed his postgame locker, he took a red-eye flight to Florida. He arrived at 6 a.m. Monday, and that afternoon started working out in Del Ray Beach, Fla., with his athletic trainer, Tony Villani.

Other players take three weeks off once their grueling NFL season ends. The rest is prescribed, even mandated, by most of the leading sports performance coaches.

Two days after he misjudged Joe Flacco's deep pass that became a late, game-tying touchdown pass, Moore started high-stepping ladder drills. He worked with tennis balls to enhance his hand-eye coordination.

Quote:
Several Broncos committed errors on that play as they were trying to protect a 35-28 lead with less than a minute remaining and the ball on the Ravens' 30-yard line. Inside pass rusher Robert Ayers made a spin move that allowed Flacco to gain momentum for his heave by taking four, 6-foot-6 worth of steps up into the pocket. Cornerback Tony Carter, who was covering Jacoby Jones, was supposed to either jam the Ravens receiver at the line or continue to cover him downfield, and did neither. Middle safety Jim Leonhard bit on an underneath route.

Moore was left alone to cover the deep left third of the field. The unusual lengthy time Flacco had to throw, coupled with the extreme height he put on the ball, seemed to throw Moore off rhythm.

"The way he threw it, it looked short," Moore said. "The altitude and everything, it just traveled a little farther. When I realized it, I didn't trust my instinct the way I normally do."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty standard offseason fluff, but I enjoyed the read. I'm optimistic that Rahim continues to improve. I was pleasantly surprised by the changes from year one to year two, and I hope he continues that and makes it a trend in year three. Sounds like he's got the drive to put in the effort off the field.

My biggest criticisms of him remain: he's not a form tackler and too often envisions himself as some sort of human projectile (similar concern for Quinton Carter). I still think getting a young safety in the draft would be nice, but not so much to replace Moore, as much as to increase the competition at Safety in general and perhaps push Adams to the bench if we can develop someone.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links