View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #67
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Lol... say what you want but Jones is better QB than Croyle in his sleep.
eh, i watched Croyle a lot of Bama. i was never high on him as a NFL guy.
but Jones is about the same as him as a prospect. the question is will a team develop him properly.
he needs to sit for 2-3 years and develop behind a really good QB. he also is going to be one of those types who needs the team around him to be really good.
some guys can carry a team and elevate them as a franchise QB, other guys need everything around them to be good as a franchise QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hot news out of the Twin Cities is that the Vikings are fielding offers for their first round selections in order to gain ammunition for the Jadeveon Clowney sweepstakes in next years draft. Makes sense with Allen's age and the use of another dynamic end opposite of him.
if i'm Minny or any team wanting him. i hope and pray to whatever i believe in that next years QB class is hella sick at the top of the draft, i make moves to acquire a ton of picks and moveable assets and then i do the same thing Atlanta did to get Julio Jones.
traded whatever isn't needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
There surely was no balance.. He struck out on pick after pick, after pick.. Really it was Peyton that carried his sorry ass and that weak team..the team had the vulnerability up the middle every year, and he just never addressed it. He also was horrible with contracts..I crossed my fingers KC wanted him as GM, before Andy Reid became HC.
i have never seen a QB affect offense,defense,special teams,coaching & the draft like Manning did when he went down.
it's just so crazy to think that at one point he carried that team to 2 consecutive super bowls. how the **** did he accomplish this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ssive-workout/

Tank Carradine boosts draft stock with impressive workout
i just can't get on that train, one year wonders worry me.
i can deal with a guy who was a starter and then it clicked late, but guys who were back ups and then burst on the scene worry me.
he's very talented though and seized the opportunity.

personally though, if we take a DE from FSU i want Werner or to take Jenkins later in the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote