Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #53
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Sure QB is a position that can totally change a pretender into a contender. But it's also the position that can set a franchise back a few years. With the NFL having a salary cap for the first 10 picks there's way less chance of a franchise screwing themselves by taking a QB in the top 10, but you have to think about this: if you reach on a QB just because he's a QB you are leaving another player on the board that can help the team immediately while drafting a QB that may do nothing for the team. Furthermore, you can get that same talent at the QB position later in the draft. So, do you reach for a QB just because the player is a QB?

If chokeland takes Geno Smith with their first pick, it will be a huge mistake. They have needs all over the team and they just traded for another QB. I think that at this point and time Terrell Pryor offers as much as Geno Smith and Matt Flynn is just sitting there too.

If kc takes Geno #1 then they are taking a QB that will not beat out Smith. Smith just signed a big fat contract and maybe, maybe in 3 years Geno Smith is ready to compete but again, is that why you take a player number 1 overall, to sit on the bench?
Pryor offers as much as Geno? I'm sorry, but that is simply not true.

As far as the Chiefs, the Alex Smith trade was a colossal mistake in my eyes. The guy is not good. To miss out on the player in the draft that can help your team the most because you already made a mistake like that is simply doubling the stupidity.

Also, which QBs available later in the draft have the same talent as Geno?
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote