View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #569
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
For me, I lose respect for the fan that continues to shovel out money to ownership that is either incompetent or doesn't give a **** about winning. It's just feeding the beast of futility. And right now I am proud of the diehard Avalanche fan that has had enough and has told ownership to **** off.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...ch-an-avs-game

Having a bad year is one thing. But piss poor franchises that are happy with the status quo as long as they make their money deserve to be shamed by their fanbase, like the Avs are right now. Holding your team accountable is a right and responsibility for the fan that wants the best for their team.

I look at the Oakland As fans as being extremely loyal and passionate. But I see empty seats during a playoff year last season and empty seats this year. That ownership has dragged that team through the mud. Mount Davis screwed that stadium. But after all the bashing and empty seats at the end of the day they are still As fans. I don't know much about the AVs fans but I gotta believe alot of them cannot find themselves switching teams. Protesting and being fed up is part of being a fan of a team. When McD was here i got so fed up that I didnt go to the Oakland games for the first time since I can remember. But even being so mad at the broncos FO I could never find myself jumping to another team. I would throw up.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-16-2013 at 10:22 PM..