View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #568
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I have a certain level of respect for fans who have stuck with teams who have decades of failure. I'm not talking about the fringe fan. I'm talking about the pirates fan who's had season tickets through decades of failure. The chief fan whose gone decades with nothing to show. The Milwaukee bucks fan. Being a fan is a great thing and yes you're right it's up to the fan whether they want to jump ship or not. Personally I just have a ton more respect for the fan who stays with one team throughout.

Certainly KCStud knows how to be loyal to one ****ty team being a chiefs fan. I can respect that. Just was curious if he was a fan of another NBA team before the sonics moved.
For me, I lose respect for the fan that continues to shovel out money to ownership that is either incompetent or doesn't give a **** about winning. It's just feeding the beast of futility. And right now I am proud of the diehard Avalanche fan that has had enough and has told ownership to **** off.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...ch-an-avs-game

Having a bad year is one thing. But piss poor franchises that are happy with the status quo as long as they make their money deserve to be shamed by their fanbase, like the Avs are right now. Holding your team accountable is a right and responsibility for the fan that wants the best for their team.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote