Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
you didn't feel that way after 911?
I was in 9th grade when 9/11 happened. I was in physical science class when I heard the news. Went to geometry. . . saw the second plane hit. Just shocked and saddened. No, I didn't feel the need to gear up for war despite how emotional the time was. Knew from the get go it would launch this country into a wrongful war (Iraq) and that proved to bear itself out as a colossal failure and mistake.

I had planned to go into the service to do cryptologic linguistics after obtaining my degree (all my grandfathers back to my great-great served, plus many uncles), but I cannot go in because of my kidney issues -- which made me mad, but oh well. My cousin who went 11B, got into Special Forces and became a recruiter tried to do whatever he could, but the medical field manual or whatever they go off of bans people with my condition from entering the armed forces. Sucks, but civil service works for now.

Statements like nyuk nyuk made are beyond absurd. If she wants to get all gun ho about this, she can enlist in a branch of the services and serve her country. Getting fanatical and crazy when not all the facts are out there yet is just ridiculous.

Last edited by Requiem; 04-16-2013 at 09:31 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote