Old 04-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #64
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Last yr when I mentioned I thought Denver liked Wolfe because he fit their mold. Althletic, hard worker, high motor, can play inside or out etc but he wasn't worth a first round pick either.

IMO Broncos probably have 2-3 guys they like in the first round but none of them make it to them. They will then trade back to some team that wants to take a QB bottom of round one and grab say a late 3rd or 4th round pick in the process. Then you can take a Carradine, or a Teo, or a RB etc without having to use the first round pick on them.

Or maybe Broncos move up. IMO the draft only seems to have about 20 players with true first round grades. Maybe 25. That puts Broncos out of the area and into trade down mode IMO.
I agree with most of what your post states...accept...I really think after about pick 7-8....it's pretty equal talent all the way through the 50's.

That's fantastic for us! For example...Floyd will probably go top 5...but, I'd rather have Hankins in our system. We might be able to trade out of the 1st and still get Hankins. Really, just about every position is stacked up that way this year...with the exception of G/C maybe.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote