View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #30
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
What gets me is that it is naturally aspirated and just totally ran through, over and around the other car.
I'm gonna guess the new Camaro had street tires, not slicks. Your Brother probably pulled a low 1 second 60 foot time, the new one, I'd guess in the low 2's. The new Camaro would probably be lucky to run that same ET in the 1/8th mile, not a 1/4 mile.

Here's a Bugatti Veyron's times...

Quick summary of the test results: 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, 1/4 mile in 10.4 seconds @ 139.9 mph, 60-0 in 104 feet (better than Ferrari Enzo and the Ford GT, trails the much lighter Porsche Carrera GT by only 3 feet) and a curb weight of 4,530 pounds. The numbers were generated with the "idiot-proof" launch control working, it basically keeps the RPMs below 4,000 for the first 2 seconds, shows just how powerful the engine is as it doesn't even need full power for such an amazing 0-60 time. Check out the video for the full Bugatti Veyron experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
You can make anything fast with money and power. I've seen guys do LS2 Vette engine swaps in Jeep Wranglers and supercharge the engine. One guy had a one that would run a 12 second quarter mile on 36" tires.
I remember seeing a Youtube video of some 4 door Saturn with a big turbo, kid was whipping the crap outa anything he ran up against.

Last edited by hades; 04-13-2013 at 06:28 PM..
hades is offline   Reply With Quote