Old 04-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #53
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Interesting read, and it does start to shuffle a few more potential pieces into place for the draft (with a grain of salt).

I don't think we could go wrong at RB with either Bell or Ball. I think both would be extremely productive in our system and I would be ecstatic with either (knowing that we have seriously addressed the position).

At ILB, I am still torn on the best player. I would still be 100% behind the T'eo pick at #28 because I believe his skillset compliments our defense and he would instantly be the best ILB we have put on the field since Al Wilson. Larger bodies up front could mean we have the ability to also use him as an inside blitzer, which I think is more likely than finding a Dumervil replacement in the draft. T'eo is also really good in zone coverage (which we desperately need), and I think he has the most upside of the current ILB crop. If JDR likes Minter instead, I am all on board for an SEC tackling machine. I also like Mauti in lower rounds. He might not be a day 1 starter, but he has the potential to be a great player and I love his intensity.

Obviously, there are some potential steals at CB at pick #28, just depending on how round 1 shakes out.

I don't see which defensive lineman will be worth picking at #28. We will miss the top choices, and there willl plenty of "value picks" available later. It's looking like the day 1 starters will be at other positions.
IDK, After reading what Med posts about our D scheme to get the plays to flow to the outside I don't think they would send pressure from the middle.

I am thinking they might go with a low 1st tier/high 2nd tier project who they can coach up rather than go with a guy like Teo who could bust at the pro level. Seems like Teo's play in the Championship game will haunt him more than his fake lover.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote