View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
So, A guy posted a youtube video from the local races last night and it has my brothers 67 Camaro racing a new Gen Camaro SS. After watching the video, I have lost all respect for the new generation Camaro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgf7E...ature=youtu.be

For reference my bothers Camaro is running a 565 ci naturally aspirated motor.

They are newer thus have newer technology and gadgets...but all that also brings WEIGHT.

I have a 2002 SS Camaro 6 speed. I have a very mild cam and heads combo, full exhaust and gears in my rear end.

My brother has a 2012 Camaro SS 6 speed stock mind you, but unless i mis shift or cant catch traction he doesnt stand a chance on the highway or from a stop.

GM(and any car company) has started making their sports car more appealing to the public, instead of making good sports cars, the result is heavy cars. Also for ride comfort they have opted to go the independant rear suspension this causing any cars with power and rapid acceleration to gain wheel hop and trouble to gain traction. Many cobra owners i know have opted to replace their stock suspension to solid rear end found in the GT models.

for reference.

2012 camaro SS (Bone Stock)
Weight - 3860 lbs

2002 camaro SS (Fully Loaded)
Weight - 3310 lbs

The main thing is how you like the car, i want a SPORTS car to be that. If i wanted a luxary car i would buy one...now days what were american muscle staples such as challenger, mustang, camaro are not anymore and you can feel it driving one.

Last edited by Denver Bronco56; 04-12-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote