View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #134
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

OK. I read Plait's critique of McCanney's comet model. I got two sentences into it -- before I encountered his first error.

Plait mis states the model. He obviously does not understand what McCanney is saying.

According to Plait, McCanney is saying that large comets gain mass "by having small particles slam into it as it plows through the solar wind and other material."

Wrong. This is not McCanney's model. If it were I would agree with Plait. But it isn't.

This confirms my earlier conclusion that Plait never even bothered to read McCanney's paper.

Recall, I wrote Plait and asked him about this, but he never responded. I interpreted that non - response as a "no." What you have posted confirms to me that I was right to do so.

McCanney's model incorporates electromagnetism into a new model of the solar system.

The need for such a new model is apparent. After all, the present paradigm cannot explain lightning - which is a pretty serous anomaly considering that all of the planets with atmospheres are known to have lightning.

Even Mars -- with a very thin atmosphere -- may have it.

What is the source of this electricity? Well, considering that the outer part of the sun is a seething ocean of free electrons -- in other words -- an electrical furnace, this ought to lead us to wonder if electricity travels through space.

McCanney says yes. I agree.

There is hard evidence that gigantic electrical discharges have scoured various planetary surfaces in the past -- Mars and the moon show evidence of this.

Put this together -- and you ought to be led to ask -- is the sun an electrical generator? And does this electricity reach the planets --- and comets?

McCanney says yes. Again I agree -- it's totally plausible.

We need to test the model.

W*gs can crawl back into his dark hole.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote