Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You mean like how people armchair quarterback over a movie theater they've never set foot into?
You snapping photographs of the theater Holmes decided to go Papadopoulos in doesn't mean anything other than you have way too much time on your hands to try and change the minds of people online who obviously DGAF. Pretty sure I saw enough of what Fed, Houghtam and others had to say regarding your pictures, etc. to come to the conclusion that what you posted probably shouldn't be taken seriously.

Quote:
You never saw bias in textbooks? Some kind of ideological lean?
Would have depended on the book. It wasn't as if the professors were somehow secretly conspiring to promote a liberal agenda in their classroom. Out of all the POLS professors I had, I can think of ONE liberal and that was based on conversations with him during advising hours or when I was shooting the **** inbetween private research and projects for the department. A mark of a good professor is not allowing personal bias to come in to the way they approach their discipline. Politics may certainly have bias, but learning about issues involved in the process doesn't have to be part of a grand orchestrated scheme.

FWIW, most of the people who were in the POLS/LAW program were ROTC/Military kids or pretty staunch conservatives. I can think of a few outspoken liberals, but most of them were pretty out of touch and kept quiet in the classroom after a lot of people pointed out how dumb they were. Happened to most kids. Some people just didn't get it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote