View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #141
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Thanks I was really curious what the plutocracy thought about one of the most profitable industries in the USA. Written by Avik Roy, another Koch sucker at the Manhatten Institute.

Anyway, to refute this shill's point:

Deaths from cancer, per 100,000 people

Annual consultations with doctors, per capita

Hospital beds, per 1,000 people

Health care spending as a percentage of gross domestic product
Nice. Attack the source, then follow up with more meaningless crap. Death by Cancer? Not sure if you're aware but generally health care doesn't cause cancer.

If you want to compare based on cancer, you need to focus on survival rates, since that's all the health care system can do anything about.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/200...ary-by-country

Quote:
Where you live plays a role in cancer survival, according to a new study that shows the U.S., Japan, and France recorded the highest survival rates among 31 nations for four types of cancer. Algeria had the lowest survival rates for all four cancers.

"This is the first direct comparison of so many countries as far as I am aware," says Michel Coleman, MD, a professor of epidemiology and vital statistics at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the study's lead author.

While Coleman and other epidemiologists have long known that cancer survival rates vary country by country, and even within a country, the study lends hard numbers to the fact. Still, there were surprises. "I think the surprises were that the range in global survival is really quite wide," Coleman tells WebMD.

"Survival in the USA is high on a global scale but varies quite widely among individual states as well as between blacks and whites within the USA," he tells WebMD.