Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #118
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I can understand, from your pov,being in the minority opinion, you feel you have no control over government.
You really don't know me at all. I caucus every election cycle - even the crappy off-year ones. I've been a delegate to every level for my party. It's not that I don't think you can change things or that government can't do anything right.

It's that power corrupts and the road to hell is paved with good intentions. If you give sweeping powers to government - even when you know that the intent is %100 righteous - that doesn't mean that it always will be. And my experience is that every single politician is lying sack of garbage. When permanently give away your liberties, you never get them back. And the power the government takes, the more open the door is for terrible things when a leader is bad.

It amazes me how the left will insist that corporations are bad because they have too much power and then say Republicans are bad, yet they want government to have all this power - power that Republicans sometimes will have, and then whine when they do things they don't like. Doesn't that bother you? Don't you see the flaw in that logic? You're the ones insisting that system allow for that! Yet many of you are naive enough honestly believe that "only Republicans are bad and Democrats would never abuse their power because they are all good."

Fools.

Last edited by Kaylore; 04-09-2013 at 01:10 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote