View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #104
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The left doesn't like that someone can have more than someone else. And they believe government is better at spending your money than you will ever be (I suppose spending it is one thing they are "better" at). They know better because they have "the people's interests" at heart.
Equitable does not mean "even." In 1980 the average CEO made thirty times more than the average employee. Nothing wrong with that. After Reagan, that figure moved up to 525 times the rate of the average employee.

Government is supposed to spend. Says right there in the preamble to the Constitution. It's supposed to collect and spend revenue in order to, "...form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity..."

What it's not supposed to do is allow its representatives to collect money directly from the top 1% and then write legislation and regulations to favor that 1% which is what has been going on for thirty years. We no longer have representative government. Our government operates for the welfare of the corporations who can buy representation. We're the first Lobbyocracy. Given the state of income and wealth inequality in America right now, the idea of "domestic tranquility" is right out the window.

Government is there to ensure that the rungs of the ladder are available, equally to all. It's up to you whether you make use of them. I don't know what the "left" wants, but I want the same thing that TR wanted for America, a square deal. Instead of a rigged game.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 04-09-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote