Old 04-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #225
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Not that I disagree with what you are saying I'm just still curious why you think he couldn't play press man? It's technique he would have to learn that could be taught. There are man corners with good ball skills and are bigger DBs.. Both Cromarties instantly come to mind. I just don't get the zone or FS only..
I think if he wants to stick at corner in the NFL his best shot to become the kind of player he was in 2011 is in a heavy zone scheme. He has the tools to obviously pick up technique and learn the trade of a press man corner, but I just don't see him panning out that way. That isn't his strength. If a team wants to utilize him right away as a cornerback, he needs to be in a defensive system where he can do what he has always done at NC State.

Considering how negative of an attitude the guy has and thinks he **** doesn't stink, I don't think he is going to be able to mentally handle it if he gets owned in man coverage in the NFL. He has a huge chip on his shoulder. Maybe that will be a good thing for him. Look at what Dre Bly did in college and has a zone corner in the NFL. He had some great years, broke some records, then he **** out of the league. Why do you think that is?

I think he can become a VERY GOOD player in the NFL. He might even be a standout, but I am adamant he needs to be in the right scheme. I just don't see him being a guy the Broncos are taking @ #28. I hope not. MUG is right. I would meltdown. We could do a lot worse though.

BTW, I found the Derek Wolfe picture I drew the other day.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote