Old 04-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #1199
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
What did we think of S3 E2?

I thought it was a bit slow, and with so much to fit into S3 I'm not sure why HBO continues to replace GRRM writing with their own, made up scenes and dialog.

I mean, it's still okay, but E2 was certainly lacking.
I read an interview with the writers where they talked about the inclusion of Theons story in season 3. They needed to fill time in season 3 to spread the story out over 2 seasons, and they have a strange fascination with Theons character. Apparently the actor who portrays Theon blew them away with his characterization, and they felt like he needed to remain relivent. I feel like they could have focused more on Nights Watch, and their epic retreat. They cut a lot of the detail, including the battle of the fist, and they could have drawn these elements in if they would have planned it better. Apparently they are also worried about letting GOT take on the montra of a full fledged fantasy drama, this they don't emphasize the fantasy elements, and are more inclined to I corperate more personal dilemma. I think this is why it took them so long to incorporate the Reeds.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote