Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #1675
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Houston had a great draft. The pick I like the least is apparently everyone else's favorite, Trevardo Williams. I like him in the 4th round as a SAM LB in a 43 defense. I like the guy I got in the 7th as a 34 OLB more. Williams' size is not ideal, but despite a decent 40, he's not overly quick and his change of direction is average. Important traits for a 34 LB looking to bend the edge. And even more important when you don't have the length that is prototypical for the position. I also am leery that in the last two years, I don't see a quality opponent that Williams had to go against. And he was injured for the Senior Bowl. I want to see what this guy can do against a 4 star recruit at OT, especially since his playing weight was 230 or below.

I'm fully prepared to be wrong on Williams, but I just don't see how anyone can have a different opinion. The evidence is just not out there to examine. It must all be projection off of something, I'd like to know what.
Trevardo would be a first round pick if he had the ideal size and strength. I think he will be just as dangerous in a 3-4 defense than a 4-3 because in a 3-4, he won't have his hands on the ground. He'll be more of a threat in a 3-4 in the LEO spot, right behind JJ Watts. Who are you going to stop? The OL is going to have a helluva time stopping that combo.

Trevardo does need to pack on some meat, he's undersized but I think with his frame, can put on 15 pounds without losing his speed. And with the proper coaching, he can work on his coverage skills as well. Pass rushing is a premium in this league. Can't pass it up.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote