View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #220
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Damontre Moore had the WORST offseason I have seen in awhile, not taking into account Tyrann Mathieu's ridiculous trip to wonderland. He proved to GM's his lack of taking football seriously and therefore NOT getting a huge contract.

That being said, a lot of the talk about him dropping down boards is true. However, it only takes one team to stop his free fall and he has a ton of talent. Talent does NOT make a good NFL player, it is just the price of admission. And, most of the uber talented guys struggle when they have to mentally prepare and work hard for the first time at this level.

I sincerely doubt he falls to 58, but I have seen weirder things in the draft and these guys have more details on his work ethic than I do.

I agree. My initial reaction after the Combine was early 2nd round. It was so catastrophic, but his tape is so good. Same with Jarvis Jones. I just can't drop these guys out of the 1st Round, hell, I can't even drop them out of the first 15-20 selections now. Once the handful of elite players go, these two just stare you in the face so hard. And that tape and production is so tasty.

Moore apparently is going to try and do another workout before the draft. We'll see how that goes. At least he's trying I guess.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote