Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I have better things to do then worry about crap like this. Bunch of paranoid women on this board. It's just a more advanced quicker way of breeding for positive traits in plants. Little gene splice there, little dna sequencing here. Hell most of you love science messing around with stem cells and dna type research why are you against it in food?

If we all start dying then I may change my mind.
You do realize that Roundup is now shown that it kills flora bacteria in your gut. This is important, and might be worth investigating. Most of your immunity lies on good gut bacteria to overwhelm and outcompete pathogens. I'd say it's a good case to start there.

Here would be another place to look also:

http://independentsciencenews.org/co...ial-gmo-crops/

"Is There a Direct Human Toxicity Issue?
When Gene VI is intentionally expressed in transgenic plants, it causes them to become chlorotic (yellow), to have growth deformities, and to have reduced fertility in a dose-dependent manner (Ziljstra et al 1996). Plants expressing Gene VI also show gene expression abnormalities. These results indicate that, not unexpectedly given its known functions, the protein produced by Gene VI is functioning as a toxin and is harmful to plants (Takahashi et al 1989). Since the known targets of Gene VI activity (ribosomes and gene silencing) are also found in human cells, a reasonable concern is that the protein produced by Gene VI might be a human toxin. This is a question that can only be answered by future experiments."
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote