Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Name 10 receivers you'd take over him.
I've already given my 2 cents on the Chiefs doing the smart thing and locking in Bowe because they have nobody else on their roster. I think he is a good player, but I don't know if he is a Top 10 NFL WR. The fifteen touchdown season, as I said, is an outlier, his production isn't all-world or awesome in comparison to a large number of receivers in the NFL.

I'll go with the obvious guys I'd take over him any day of the week:

Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
AJ Green
Roddy White
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Marques Colston

Two guys the Broncos already have: Wes Welker and Demaryius Thomas.

What does that make, 11? That wasn't even hard.

FWIW, it doesn't include guys that others have mentioned (V. Jackson, Jennings, Cruz, Nicks, Wayne, Harvin, Smith, etc.) who are versatile and offer just as much as Bowe has done in the passing game. And there are a few others as well. Blackmon played well for a dogpiss team in Jacksonville last year and will probably be an elite player if they get a good QB.

I think you would be hard pressed to come up with a lot of NFL GM's and executives who would consistently rank Bowe in the Top 10. I just rattled off about 15-20, which is probably where Bowe would be. In that 10-15 range. Bring up all those receivers and look at their career numbers (most have played five to six years like Bowe has) and tell me where he ranks among his peers.

Last edited by Requiem; 04-04-2013 at 06:29 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote