Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #97
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengopher1976 View Post
There has been some very good analysis over on IAOFM as to why the idea of moving Von to the other side would result in a net loss to the defensive (based on scheme, usage, etc.). Frankly, I don't know enough about the technicalities of football to know for myself if your suggestion is a good one, but I'm inclined to go with what I've read over there. Plus, that age-old adage about not fixing things that aren't broken comes to mind. At his current position and in his current role, Von Miller is one of the top 3 defenders in the entire game, and we want to mess with that? Nay! Draft a DE, let Ayers lead the way, and let's see what happens says I.
I have expressed this in a thread to BMore about moving Miller. No way do I like the move. When Miller creeps onto the line, it panics the OLine and play calling. That isn't going to happen if he is stationed as a DE. WOrse move for Simon Fletcher when they moved him to DL and sacks suffered. Keep Miller as is and find a player to fill the Doom void. One loss shouldn't mean missing another. I don't like having two question marks in the linebacking crew.

As for tight ends, I don't see any TE picked within the first 3 or 4 picks. I think we have 2 good TE players now and the others can be replaced...at a lower draft pick.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 04-04-2013 at 11:09 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote