View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #133
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
So far we only have two draft classes to analyze how Elway and Fox are working together. The top picks (Von Miller, Derek Wolfe) were very productive, decorated players and team captains with great work ethic and intangibles. CB Johnthan Banks is a player that fits this description. 2012 Jim Thorpe Award, 1st Team All-SEC. Four-year starter, team captain. 16 interceptions (school record). From what I've read, he has great character and impressed in interviews (excellent football intelligence). Comparable to Richard Sherman in terms of size and speed. Great arm length (33 7/8") to play press coverage. I remember a video with Jack Del Rio on the field watching Mississippi State's Pro Day closely. If he wants to borrow the press scheme from Seattle, Banks is an interesting option.
I was really starting to warm up to Banks before the Dumervil debacle. He has great size, coverage-ability, and is extremely physical. I would love him as SS...then the Broncos could have selected a playmaker like Sio Moore in the 2nd.

Now, unfortunately, I believe the Broncos are forced to take a dynamic 4-3 DE in the 1st. Guess we have to get used to getting schooled by TE's.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote