View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #395
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
This is where the idea of "better" is interesting. Because on the one hand, the records don't lie. Post-trade, the Nuggets have a better record than the Knicks, period.

On the other hand, it's all about playoff success. In a weak East, the Knicks have a cakewalk to the conference finals. For the Nuggets, I think you're being a little generous. I think they should win their first round series, and probably push the second to 6 or 7 games, but ultimately they probably don't have a great shot. Not impossible, but not probable.

So who then is the better team? That's what message boards are for. Chances are, neither will win a championship in the next couple years. Due to the age factor I think I like the Nuggets' chances a little more, but the Knicks have money, and I'd imagine Amar'e comes off the books at some point, so a re-load is clearly possible.
Knicks will be kinda screwed Capwise for the next few years because of Amar'e's contract (who will ever take that off our hands...sadly, we're better without him). I think as long as LeBron James and Kevin Durant are in this league, both teams won't win a title. Never know though, I suppose.

I thought at the beginning of the year the Knicks could give Miami a run for their money because they are (were) long, defensive minded, and could hit 3's. But most of those guys got injured or slowed down and Miami took their game to stratospheric heights, so maybe we can get a game or two off em now, but not 4.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote