View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #61
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
If I had my way, we'd draft a pass rusher, maybe Moore. Whichever vet wants a SB ring in exchange for playing on the cheap can come in (Abraham, Freeney, Philips) and they can split time at RDE, depending on the rookie's development. Beal/Jackson/Ayers can fight over LDE (I imagine Ayers will not win the starting spot). Wolfe, Knighton, Vickerson, Unrein will rotate at DT.

This is much closer to the defenses JDR and Fox have used in the past, I'm not sure if they liked Wolfe at LDE, or if it was a temporary fix out of necessity that they would like to move away from. Many people have noticed that Wolfe was more effective on the inside, I imagine the FO noticed it, too.
Wolfe is staying put at LDE, Knighton and Vickerson are your other two interior players. Wolfe is the facilitator for Von in our scheme. Knighton and Vickerson weren't just paid to be back-ups..

I'm not saying my idea is the right way or the only way. In fact I expect the Brass to draft a situational RDE and leave Von on the strong side. I was just trying to offer a different approach for third downs then drafting a situational RDE..