MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Disagree with you. Completely.

Projection IS roster evaluation. Teams know what Ayers can do. He was a rock solid player in 2011, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. He just can't two gap, which is what was needed with Miller playing SAM. And the reason his only position on this year's defense was RDE, behind Dumervil.

You sound like a biased Ayers hater, which makes little sense, because he's a solid player for us with a first round talent pedigree. Anyone with half a brain and eye balls should have been able to watch last season, especially the second half, and see Ayers play lights out on his snaps. Are you telling me he didn't play well? I just want to make sure I understand.
Of course teams know what Ayers can do. He's played 2192 snaps in 57 games, he's not really an unknown commodity. In that timeframe he's managed to rack up 6.5 sacks. He may be effective against the run, but he is not a passrusher. Sure Ayers can play well for a few snaps, but if they try to depend on him as much as they did on Dumervil, our defense will suffer for it.

I don't care where he was drafted, I care if he can play. Ayers can be a replacement for a few snaps, maybe a whole game. But 16 games? We already know he can't do it.

This phrase "rock solid" seems appropriate, because 3 sacks is only a few more than I would expect if we had actually placed a literal rock at LDE for 2011.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote