Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Well there will be instances where teams go no huddle and there will be instances where we will be able to substitute players. Now you are getting into the nuances that are uncontrolable. But either way it will be Ayers on the field in the no huddle, because if you draft a RDE he's probably going to be a situational pass rusher and wouldn't be on the field anyway. So we should focus on how we can bolster the pass rush, and I prefer the flexibility of my idea.
I'd rather keep Ayers as RDE, knowing that he provides nothing against the pass, and plan on generating pressure elsewhere than have Von spend more than a couple snaps at DE per game. As a RDE, Von will be a magnet for double teams. He is our best player, our scheme should be set up for other players to free him up, not the other way around.

Also, when Von moves to LDE and Wolfe moves inside, we are improving the rush from two positions. Von moving up to replace Ayers would improve one position, and get a turd off the field, I guess.

If Ayers has to start somewhere, it should be at LDE, where he was in 2011. My very favorite position for him, though, would be on the opposing team.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote