View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #375
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I didn't like how his sacks always came late in the game, like his sack/safety on Schaub on the Texan's very first offensive play. Or how they all came after the game was decided, like his strip sack on Rivers which Carter returned for a TD. Of course, the way that he doesn't show up in the run game is frustrating, since he was second on the DL in stops, with 30 compared to Wolfe's 31.

Let me say this again, because I feel that people are intentionally ignoring it. Last season, Doom had more pressures than anyone on the following teams:

Arizona
Atlanta
Baltimore
Buffalo
Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Dallas
Detroit
Green Bay
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Kansas City
New England
New Orleans
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Seattle

Also, it is not all about production. It's about how the QB's internal clock ticks a little faster when there's a premier pass rusher coming from his blind side. That doesn't happen with Ayers.

It's about how the RB will stay over to Doom's side to help block him, rather than spying Von. That doesn't happen with Ayers.
Bullcrap! Doom left the Orange and Blue behind, therefore he Sux! Plug in some fourth round mid-major college kid, and you won't notice a difference.

Anywho, in all seriousness we'd be laughing our asses off at anyone who said letting Dwight Freeney walk away for peanuts back in his prime would have been good for Peyton's Colts' championship prospects. But here we are.