View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #1623
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Recent Selections:

Lerentee McCray, Florida. Not a huge fan of this pick. He didn't really play at Florida very much the five years he was there. I guess the Vikings saw something they liked at his Pro Day. I think you could have got him in the Undrafted round.

Tourek Williams, FIU. The best DE remaining for me. Had a strong Pro Day to cover up a disappointing Combine. He was a fringe draftable prospect for me, but if I needed a DE, I would have no problem taking him in the 7th. He's depth.

Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State. Good value selection. He should go in the 6th round range. A move TE that wasn't used often enough at Ohio State. Has some athletic traits that suggest he can be a more productive pro.

Mike Mauti, Penn State. It's all about the injuries with Mauti. If he's healed up and stays healthy, this is a great selection. If not, he'll be out of the league. He's an interesting fit with Tennessee because they already have one massively injury prone MLB starting now. Maybe the two together can get through a season.

Steve Beauharnais, Rutgers. Very strong selection. Not my favorite ILB prospect left, but he's one of the better ones, and likely will be drafted a round before this. His lack of speed will be nicely hidden inside in the Chargers 34 defense. He should be a very productive thumper.

Luke Marquardt, Azusa Pacific. Got nothing on him. A true deep sleeper from the boonies.

Mike Edwards, Hawaii. My top remaining CB. I really like Edwards. I think he can play, and projects to a very solid slot CB with further technique work. I think he's the best kick returner in college from last year, absolutely electric. So, that's multiple value. Had off field concerns early at Tennessee, seems to have turned that around at Hawaii. Team captain. Also coming out early as a Junior after two stellar seasons. I think he goes in the 5th round. My favorite selection so far in the 7th Round, I would have drafted him if he had fell to me on principle alone.

Lots of solid selections as of late. The Undrafted Free Agent round is going to be lacking talent if this keeps up.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote