Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Oakland Raiders final draft class:

Round 1: Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida
Round 3: Terron Armstead, OT Ark Pine Bluff
Round 4: Cornelius Washington, DE Georgia
Round 5: DJ Hayden, CB Houston
Round 6: Marc Anthony, CB California
Round 6: Vinster Painter, OG Va Tech
Round 7: Rontez Mills, FS California U (PA)
Round 7: Mike Edwards, CB/KO return Hawaii

Oakland has so many needs, it was like throwing a piece of raw meat in a cage of hungry tigers. With needs everywhere, but most glaring in the trenches and the defensive backfield, We were able to get quality players to fill some serious holes on the roster.

Hopefully a number of undrafted free agents will still be available when the draft ends.

This is probably going to turn out to be one of the better drafts.

Floyd appears to be a rock solid selection at a position of need. Armstead is a steal in the 3rd and should be a huge upgrade at one OT spot. Might take a year or two though. Washington is a boom or bust selection, but I like him with Oakland because he can either play DE, or he could be used at SAM where Allen likes to blitz early and often.

Hayden in the 5th is fine if his medical checks out. I remain sketchy because we haven't seen it before in the NFL, but Mediator is adament it will be fine. If so, this looks like a strong selection based on all the early round hype he has gotten as of late. I like Anthony fine in the 6th. That gives you two outside CBs to develop, a massive need area. Vinston Painter is solid enough in the 6th and should give you a good swing lineman that can play possibly every position. He might be able to start at OG. Miles is a solid flier in the 7th at a huge position of need. And I really like Mike Edwards as a slot CB, something you didn't have. Not to mention his return value since Ford can't stay healthy.

Very strong draft. Guaranteed the Raiders won't do this well in actuality.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote