Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #368
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Well there hasn't been a thing anyone has suggested that has been good enough for you and the Legion of Doom. So you tell me what the **** we do. You keep said the D struggles when we don't get pressure, yet some how that doesn't include ****ing Elvis Dumervil.
Denver game planned the playoffs with Miller not rushing the passer as much and look what happened. At some point you would hope that your 12 million dollar DE would beat a guy that isn't even on a NFL roster to date because that is how awesome he is.
If we lost Demaryius for no reason other than to save money, I would not be happy. No matter how much people posted about how we could just switch to an offense that didn't throw deep very much, or that we could just draft a WR that could do everything he could do, I would not be happy.

Our defense was special for one reason last season. They weren't special in the way they stopped the run, and they weren't special in the way they covered receivers. They were special in the way they pressured the QB. Losing a major reason for that will absolutely hurt our defense. Dumervil had more pressures than the #1 rushers on 23 different teams.

We will not be the #2 defense next year, and it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped significantly. Of course it's possible to do well in the postseason and even win the Super Bowl without Doom, but it would be easier with him.
MagicHef is online now   Reply With Quote