Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #346
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm referring to this mild obsession you have with the notion that Doom and his production cannot be replaced. What would it take for you to be happy with in a replacement? 12 sacks and 7 FFs? Just pure stats?

What about a player like Simon who you think is a smurf for whatever reason producing 8 sacks, 4 FFs, 7 Pass Deflections, 9 TFL? Something balanced like that?

What if I suggested we draft a SOLB with a similar skill set to Von, but better in coverage and a solid pass rusher in his own right, while moving Von to RDE?
I don't care about stats in the end, I just don't think this is a top 5 defense without the pressure that Doom provides. Pressure is what this defense needs, and sacks are just the easiest way to measure that.

If Simon gets 8 sacks, 4 FF, 7 PD, 9 TFL, he would certainly be the DROY. Only two players had those type of stats last season, Watt and Abraham. Thinking a probable 3rd or 4th rounder could come in and do that as a rookie is ridiculous.

I have a better idea. Let's get 7 Von Millers, and 4 2006 Champs, and use them as our entire defense. Who is this SOLB you want to draft that is Von + coverage skills?
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote