View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #299
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I think Simon would be an excellent weakside DE replacement for Doom. I actually selected him in the OM mock draft (4th round) and I've compared him coming out of college with Doom before actually.

Simon has very mature pass rush fundamentals for a college graduate. He plays a bit stiff in the body because he's so damn yoked up, but for a weakside DE who will rarely if ever drop into coverage that shouldn't be a big deal. He's explosive off the line and has the upper body power to man handle any OT who lets him get inside on them. Nice but not terrific arm length, but he's a technician with his hands and makes the most of every inch of reach he's got.

He'd be a perfect fit for our 3rd round selection if he's still hanging around. I wouldn't even complain if we take him in the 2nd, but if we can hold off until the 3rd he's MASSIVE value there.
Hell yes. I've been fully on board with Simon for a while and love this relentless play. The guy is a two year captain as well and has a really high motor. Would love to have him in the third but I really doubt he drops that far.
fontaine is online now   Reply With Quote