Originally Posted by broncosteven
Yours is the Superior.
I thought the same things.
At some point you think they would start making positive changes, they are going to need a food supply, and learn to think past the present.
Doesn't anyone have a HAM radio or monitor for activity or news? You would think there would be pilots who made it this far who would be flying recon missions looking for others...
I get that the writers want to make a point that we are our own worst enemies but by now there should be some sort of organized civil defense that would be working together to whittle down the walker population as well as gather the survivors into groups.
In a situation like that resources would be key and you would want to build a group big enough to feed and care for people that is not lead by a madman.
1. There wouldn't be very many people alive. Food would be super scarce.
2. Guns would rule. People with guns and ammo would have power. People without guns would not.
3. Society would exist as it does everywhere with severely limited food, and lots of guns...warlords with travelling bands of gunman would take over.
4. Peaceful groups would be easily exploited and overrun for their food and women by the warlords (just like in 3rd world countries).
5. And just like in 3rd world countries, there would be little chance for any semblance of civilization to exist.
6. The most well-armed group would rule. It wouldn't be ran by 'nice guys', they would be like the Governor, and would be the most power hungry, ruthless psychopaths (just like in 3rd world countries).