View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #286
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Datone Jones is not a faster player than Wolfe and he is not as productive.
Datone Jones 4.75s forty, 1.61s ten yard dash. Derek Wolfe 4.93 forty, 1.68s ten yard dash. Jones is MUCH faster than Wolfe, and could definitely generate pressure from the 5-tech position in passing situations. Hes strong too (29 bench reps), and could 2-gap effectively on the outside (just like Wolfe). If you don't like Datone Jones, fine. Play Malik Jackson at 5-tech. Wolfe generated ZERO sacks from the 5-tech position. Wolfe is MUCH more valuable on the inside.

Quote:
Te'o is not faster than Irving. Did you know that Ray Lewis considered because he didn't like playing 3-4 and having to fight off linemen all the time? that is the main reason the Ravens switched back to 4-3 to protect him - and he is only one of the most dominant MLBs to ever play the game. The Mike in 4-3 is not meant to take on offensive linemen, that is only true of the SILB in 3-4 fronts.
So I take it you are comfortable leaving Irving as starting MIKE? Maybe you like Stewart Bradley better? I don't care if Te'o/Irving is "faster"...the Broncos need an impact player at the MIKE position, that's all I care about. If that turns out to be Irving, more power to him.

Quote:
That is just bull****, you are basing this whole statement on the notion that 3-4 is always 2-gap and 4-3 is always 1-gap which is clearly bull****. Both we and Patriots play 2-gapping 40 fronts while the Chargers and Cowboys have long played 1-gapping 30 fronts.
I said nothing of the sort. Look up '4-3 Under' and get back to me. I'm sick of trying to explain something to you that you don't even care to look up.

Quote:
Ayers has never played LDE in the 40 front in base defense, he has played RDE in base, LDE in passing situations - which becomes much more like RDE and he has played B which is also much more like RDE than LDE.
Except that Ayers was listed as the backup LDE prior to Hunter's injury in 2012, before switching positions so Wolfe could get on the field. RDE is the most important position of any Defense. Bob Ayers (a perennial backup) is the current starter. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Again you fail to understand the difference between a read and react run defender and a pass rusher.
You think the purpose of a 3-tech is to be a "read and react run defender"? Lol. Look up the definition of 3-tech. You need a little bit more than a run-stopper at that position cowboy.

Quote:
Te'o and Brown are even more unproven, neither player has taken a single snap in the NFL unlike Irving.
Cool. Then roll with Irving. Fine by me. Elway said the Broncos would be looking to add talent at the MIKE position, they interviewed Te'o at the combine, and went to his Pro Day. It's fairly accurate to say the Broncos are interested in upgrading the position. I can see why.

[QUOTE=gyldenlove;3823918]How many players are you going to draft in the 1st round? RB, MLB, SS? you have to decide which of these points to go with the rest is just you talking out of your rectal cavity.

I wouldn't draft an SS in the 1st round (or RB), but thanks for asking. The point is, the Broncos are now forced to waste a 1st round draft pick on an RDE rather than being able to use it on BAP (if they kept Dumervil).

Quote:
Why would you draft an undersized guy who is no faster than Hillman? we don't need 2 of those guys.
Since when is 5'10" 205 lbs. undersized? Can I have some of what you're smoking? The Broncos may want to drop McGahee because he's older, injured, and costs $5M in cap room over the next two years. Franklin is a fresher, cheaper, option with great speed and ability. The perfect kind of back for the Manning Offense's single-back set. Franklin may be the BPA at #58.

Quote:
Wolfe is not powerful enough to play the 3-tech in base defense when he has to read and react to the run.
. Wolfe is not powerful enough to 1-gap an LG, but he IS powerful enough to 2-gap an OT? You do realize Wolfe 1-gaps the LG in Nickel Defense right?

Here's a rough breakdown of Wolfe snaps at each position:

5-tech (Base) - 35% of Broncos Defensive plays
3-tech (Nickel) - 35% if Broncos Defensive plays
1-tech (Nickel)- 15% of Broncos Defensive plays
Nickel DE (right or left)- 15% of Defensive plays

If Wolfe can get 6 sacks 1-gapping an OG in nickel Defense what makes you think he's "not powerful enough" to 1-gap the LG in base Defense? Pass the peyote homey.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote