Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy
how does the undrafted FA period work?
Here are the rules from last year:
Here are the details for this year (exactly the same as 2011):
1. All teams begin with $100,000 to bid for players which were not selected in the 2012 OM Mock Draft. Bidding is done blindly and privately -- in other words, all bids are sent to me via PM, and the results are revealed at the conclusion of the bidding period. DO NOT POST YOUR BIDS IN THIS THREAD!
2. Minimum bid for a player is $5000. Bids can be made in $100 increments only. There will only be one round of bidding, so any cash you have left over will be useless. In other words - use it or lose it.
3. Please send all bids via one and only one PM to me (BowlenBall) any time between the last selection in the OM Mock Draft and Monday, April 23rd, at 11:59 p.m. MST. Please title the PM "UDFA Round Picks for NFL TEAM NAME". All bids received after the deadline will be considered null and void.
4. Please submit bids in this format:
Name, Position, College, Bid
Rulon Jones, DE, Utah State, $30,000
Randy Gradishar, LB, Ohio State, $11,400
Joe Dudek, RB, Plymouth State, $23,700
Total Spent: $65,100
5. Please do not submit bids for players who have already been selected in the mock draft. Refer to the Alpha list or the main pick thread before you submit your bid. Any bids for pre-selected players will be ignored, and the team owner will NOT be notified of his error.
6. Tiebreaker: if two or more teams bid the same amount for the same player, then whoever submitted their bid first will be considered the winner.
7. Results will be posted shortly past midnight on Tuesday, April 24th.
8. In the interests of transparency, I will submit my own list via PM to JCMElway before the official bidding period begins, and before I review any of the bids submitted. In addition, I will disqualify myself from the tiebreaker rules, meaning that any tie that I am involved with will go to the other team.
9. As I receive bids, I will post confirmation below, along with a sequence number indicating when they submitted it to me (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.).