View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #87
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
I can't believe I am saying this as I am conservative and believe that everyone is accountable for their actions.

Does that mean the two boys are sex offenders? We don't know that. But to label them as such for the rest of their life is hard to accept. I did plenty wrong as a teenager, but what i did 20 yrs ago does not in any way represent the person I am today.
Did you murder someone 20 years ago? Did you rape or sexually assault someone 20 years ago? Did you molest a child 20 years ago? I think if the answer is yes, well, then what you did 20 years ago does indeed define who you are.

The problem with your argument is that they knew it was wrong.....and while I agree the parents could have prevented such actions, they had to know what they did was wrong.

And if they didn't then, they know it's wrong now.....they should thank God the only place their name is gonna be posted is on the sex offender rolls instead of the obituaries and tombstones, which if they did this to my daughter their names would be posted.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote